Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
~ Charles Wesley, 1738

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I was asked by my neighbour if I had made any New Year's Resolutions.  With a wry grin, I told him that I had resolved not to make any resolutions... Perhaps I spoke too soon.

My resolution for the coming year is to read and blog on at least 12 books which have theological value.  Perhaps the accountability will keep me faithful to the task.

My first book is Generous Justice by Tim Keller.
My second book will be The Heresy of Orthodoxy by Andreas J. Köstenberger

I am willing to take suggestions as well.

4 comments:

  1. Here's a suggestion for you:
    http://www.togetherforadoption.org/book/
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, John! I just saw your face in the BJU Class Reunion video and then I saw your Facebook request. I'm glad to see so many fellow 2001 grads serving the Lord around the world.

    My recommendation for you is Apologetics to the Glory of God by John Frame. If you're up for something more meaty, I've been getting a lot of help from his Theology of Lordship series. They look imposing, and I'm not against imposing... but he is not at all hard to read. I find myself highlighting something on nearly every page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark,

    Thanks for posting a comment. I have read Frame during my MDiv studies at CBTS in Lansdale. I enjoyed reading him in Ethics. I'll look into your suggestions. Interesting that you saw my face in the Reunion video...I don't think I was at the reunion...was it a still shot that was sent in??

    God Bless,

    John

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Happily married and the father of 4 wonderful boys.

Search This Blog