Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
~ Charles Wesley, 1738

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review of J.C. Ryle's Thoughts for Young Men

Thoughts for Young MenThoughts for Young Men by J.C. Ryle

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is the first Ryle book I have read and it won't be the last. I thought this book would be something I could use for my four boys and it turns out, it is something I needed. The gentle, fatherly tone of the book spoke to my own heart about the need for humility and concern for my personal walk with Christ. Ryle reminds young men of the necessity of living in the present what you hope to be in the future. We tend to trivialize sin, and Ryle recommends waging war with all our might in our personal sanctification. Ryle is a master of the word picture and his writing is engaging. I hope to live in a way that I want my four young men to live. soli deo gloria!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Happily married and the father of 4 wonderful boys.

Search This Blog