Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
~ Charles Wesley, 1738

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Review of Church Planting is For: Wimps, by Mike McKinley

Church Planting Is for Wimps: How God Uses Messed-up People to Plant Ordinary Churches That Do Extraordinary Things (Ixmarks)Church Planting Is for Wimps: How God Uses Messed-up People to Plant Ordinary Churches That Do Extraordinary Things by Mike McKinley

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What an enjoyable read! I was not prepared for how good this book would be from the title. The title comes from a competitive analogy of church planters vs. revitalizers. McKinley writes from his heart and soul's experience in revitalizing a church that was hanging on to life with a few people and a building in an expensive real estate market. After calling McKinley to pastor their church, revitalization would prove to be no walk in the park. McKinley's transparent testimony was a personal encouragement to me. I appreciated his commitment to real ministry that focused on a multi-generational church and not just a trendy demographic. He offers some great tips for those who are younger in ministry and a real way to disciple men for future elders in your church. I recommend this book to pastors who are not even thinking of church planting, because the revitalization approach is an excellent idea for larger churches to consider doing.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Happily married and the father of 4 wonderful boys.

Search This Blog