Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
~ Charles Wesley, 1738

Saturday, April 16, 2011

When Will My Life Not Suck?

When Will My Life Not Suck?: Authentic Hope for the DisillusionedWhen Will My Life Not Suck?: Authentic Hope for the Disillusioned by Ramon Presson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ramon Presson writes from 20 years of counselling experience.  Even though it says so in the biography, his manuscript demonstrates that he knows people, their problems, and disillusionment.  This book was not written for the theologian, but for the person in the throes of pain and possibly in your office for counselling.  A good counsellor will talk through the gospel and the riches that are available in Christ Jesus through the cross and this book will complement by presenting gospel-hope to those in despair.  If you keep this perspective when reading the book, you will see its value.  Presson's style is very enjoyable and the book is very easy to read because of his ability to turn an analogy.  This again, will be a good reason to use the book in your practice as it will be easy for a person to read and conquer.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Happily married and the father of 4 wonderful boys.

Search This Blog