Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
~ Charles Wesley, 1738

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another New Year and another Resolution

Last year, I began with a resolution to read and blog on 12 books--at least, once per month. This past year, by grace alone, I have completed this goal with a surplus of 11 more.

Since I have just recently accepted the call to a new senior pastorate, my reading challenge will take on a new approach. As needs and challenges push one to refine one's thinking, I believe I will now focus my attention on a topic for this year; or at least 6 months, and then take a new topic for the remainder.

Having already been asked to officiate at one, and probably more weddings this Summer, I plan to read extensively in the Marriage category in the coming months and blog my review and general observations. My blog may at times include my personal meditations on the topic of marriage as I pass through the pages others have left us--but, this blog will continue to be primarily a book review blog.

To give you a sample of the books ahead...

I am currently reading When Sinners Say 'I Do' by Dave Harvey.

Over the next 3 months, I will be reading...

What Did You Expect?? by Paul David Tripp
Marriage Matters by Winston T. Smith
The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
This Momentary Marriage by John Piper
Getting Ready for the Wedding by the Parrotts
Preparing for Marriage by Dennis Rainey
Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts by the Parrotts
Preparing For Marriage God's Way by Wayne Mack

Thanks for joining me on the journey and keeping me accountable...if you think of any other good books on the topic of marriage, please don't hesitate to forward me a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Happily married and the father of 4 wonderful boys.

Search This Blog