Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
~ Charles Wesley, 1738

Monday, July 25, 2011

Book Review of A Proverbs Driven Life by Anthony Selvaggio

The Proverbs Driven Life: Timeless Wisdom for Your Words, Work, Wealth, and RelationshipsThe Proverbs Driven Life: Timeless Wisdom for Your Words, Work, Wealth, and Relationships by Anthony Selvaggio

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A very helpful topical overview of the book of Proverbs. His introductory chapter on how to interpret the proverbs is worth the price of the book. Selvaggio's book is helpfully not exhaustive, and it is arranged into the overarching themes of communication, work, wealth, friends, marriage and children. I was pleasantly surprised to find someone saying what I've always thought regarding finding a spouse and have felt is typically ignored in most preaching on this topic. That is, not only should you look for a spouse of noble character, but you should also aspire to be a person of noble character yourself--one that would be worthy of finding. I would highly recommend this book as a resource for adult and senior high Sunday School curriculum.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Happily married and the father of 4 wonderful boys.

Search This Blog